In 80% of cases water damaged carpet can be restored if handled correctly. At Cowan we restore wet carpets with the following processes:
1. Extraction to remove excess water, minimizing any secondary damage.
2. Turn back and/or take up the carpet (or leave down direct stick carpet).
3. Treat the affected area with an anti-bacterial product.
4. The installation of drying equipment, with the understanding of what equipment and how much equipment should be used.
5. Inspect the carpet when dry and check it using moisture meters.
6. Install new underlay and re-install the carpet.
7. Steam clean the carpet using specialized restoration chemicals.
At Cowan we also understand that moisture readings are important and must be recorded, and that the carpet may be laid on timber flooring, which will require drying ASAP.